woensdag 24 mei 2017

'Angelic' mixed media layout

 
The month May is the month where we celebrate mothersday.
For me this means something to treasure, because God has given me the most precious gift of all: a child...
In my situation particulairly, it didn't happen 'just like that'.
I feel so very blessed, to have this beautiful little girl in my life, who makes my heart full of joy every day. And yes, motherhood is not always easy, believe me, but seeing her growing up, makes it all worth while...
 
Seeing this photo of her, sunlight on her hair, she almost looks like an angel... The only thing I want for her, is to grow up in peace, having a loving home, where she feels safe and free to follow her dreams...
 
The new collection Dreamscapes from 7 Dots Studio is exactly the paper for pictures like these.
I really love the pattern of the paper and didn't want to do too much mixed media works on it, so I decided to create a soft, elegant and clean layout.
Because sometimes one picture says it all.
 
I was asked to be guest designer at Scrap The Girls this month.
I used the moodboard's theme 'motherhood' (and what that means to me) as a starting point for my layout.
 
 
I have let myself be inspired by the gorgeous colors from the moodboard from The Dusty Attic this month, and used some of the amazing new release chipboard and stencils.
 
 
And here is a video tutorial of the process:
 
 
Here are some close up pictures for you:




 
7 Dots Studio products used:
 
 
Dusty Attic products used:
 
 
Cashmere
Crushed Olive
Midnight meadow
Navajo white
Hot chocolate
 
Thank you for watching!
 
Love, Sanderijn
  

6 opmerkingen: