vrijdag 15 mei 2015

'Live. Laugh. Love.' ..... my entry for the Scrap around the World challenge may 2015 epic event



 
My layout 12 x 12 inch Live. Laugh. Love.
Here are some detailed pictures, I used gesso, glimmermist, inka gold and stencils to create the background. The chipboard pieces from Dusty Attic and Indigo Blu are painted and sprayed with acrylic paint, glimmermist, color bloom mist and perfect pearls mist. The flowers are painted with inka gold.





 
I found this amazing challenge blog en they have their 2nd anniversary this month! : Scrap around the World.
I was immediately inspired by the moodboard's picture right below in the corner...the lovely and delicate roses. It inspired me to use the picture of my daughter. This picture has exactely those colors in it: pink, white/beige and green...I had so much fun creating and compositioning my layout of 12 x 12 inch. I also was inspired by the dots on the shoes (dots on the page AND dots in the picture, the clothes my daughter wears) and the sprinkles on the edges of the martini glass. I added little strass stones randomly in the layout, and clustered them in a metal embellishment which I first painted with inka gold.
But the most wondering part came across...I left out the pink paint and papers (which I had ready to use), because of some odd reason, I found the usage of only green and beige-white more satisfying....So here is my entry for this month. if you will participate please do! The most amazing, talented artists show you their beautiful work...inspiring me so much!
 
Here is a picture of their moodboard...
 
 

22 opmerkingen:

  1. This is beautiful. Lovely use of flowers and chipboard together! Thank you for joining us for our EPIC EVENT over at SATW xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you very much Fiona Paltridge! It was so much fun to do!

      Verwijderen
  2. Dankjewel voor je blogberichtje! Jij hebt ook een supermooie layout gemaakt! Lekker veel embellies gebruikt en ook een mooie en lieve foto:) Groetjes en fijn weekend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. what a fantastic take on our moodboard - definitely a very refreshing look! Thanks for joining in our Epic challenge at SATW!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love all the details you have on your page! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you very much Pascale, I love the SATW moodboards, it inspires so much!

      Verwijderen
  5. Lovely green tones, and such a cute photo.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hoi Sanderijn, wat voor een super lieve foto met een geweldig layout !!...Groetjes en een fijn zondag voor jou...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dankjewel Heike, wat leuk dat je een breichtje hebt geplaatst en dank voor het compliment!

      Verwijderen
  7. Stunning layout! Love the background work! Your embellishments and chipboard are awesome! All the best from SATW! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Such a Stunning layout ! Thanks so much for playing along in our Epic Event at SATW this month!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. A beautiful page of a beautiful girl! Thank you for celebrating this special event with us at Scrap Around the World!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thank you so much, I love the moodboards, they inspire me so much, I actually am making a layout inspired by a previous moodboard.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. VERY pretty! Thanks for playing with us at SATW for our EPIC EVENT!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Absolutely charming and beautiful!! I love the wonderful colors, so soft, and so perfect, and your design is fabulous!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you, Nkaigle, such a sweet comment! Very honoured by your kinds words...

      Verwijderen